FAS CSCS/FETAC – Health and Safety at Road-works
Who should attend
Road-workers, who are required to assist the SLG cardholder during the implementation of Traffic Management Plans/Layouts in both rural and urban situations. A Health and Safety at Roadworks cardholder must be present on site when working on a road. This training is mandatory under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006, and will be enforced from July 2009.
PLEASE NOTE: Signing Lighting and Guarding (SLG) cardholders are not compelled to attend this course.
1 Day Classroom only.
20 participants per course, 9:00am – 16:30pm
Delivered by FÁS-registered Instructor(s)
Candidates who successfully complete this course will be trained to protect themselves, their colleagues, and the public at Roadworks.
Literacy and Innumeracy difficulties can be catered for, candidates are discreetly asked to inform instructor if they have any issues at commencement of course. There is a pre-requisite for candidates to have a Valid *Safepass* card before attending the course.
€TBA per Candidate – including all course materials, registration and applications. (FAS/FETAC Certificate and CSCS Card)
Payment in advance.
TMTS- Training CentrE, Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan.
Training can also be delivered at an alternative venue, provided that a suitable practical site location, and training facility which meets FAS requirements, can be attained.
Please call (049)9527399 or Damien (087)7390082
Specifically, trainees will learn to:
- Understand the basics of Traffic Management Layouts and Signing Lighting &Guarding.
- Demonstrate the accepted method of operating Radios and Stop Go Boards in typical Roadworks scenarios (classroom).
- Appreciate their role in working safely at Roadworks and in close proximity to live traffic.
- To understand their duties as employees to behave in a safe manner, comply with safe systems of work, report hazards and contribute to the Safety of their work environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the subject by practical and multiple choice examination.
- Appreciate a range of safety issues in such areas as Plant and Equipment, Excavations, Materials and Emergency Procedures.
FÁS FETAC certification and CSCS (Construction Sector Certification Scheme) identity card for successful applicants.