FAS CSCS / FETAC- Signing, Lighting & Guarding at Road-works
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors and operatives who are required to plan, organize, direct and manage road-works, in both rural and urban situations. This training is mandatory under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006, and will be enforced from July 6 2009.
3 Days (theory & site practical)
8 participants per course, 8:45am – 5.00pm
Delivered by FÁS-registered Instructors (2 instructors).
Candidates who successfully complete this course will be trained to plan, organize, direct and manage the safe flow of traffic through road-works, in both rural and urban situations, with a minimum of delay to road users.
Due to the requirement of record keeping for successful applicants, and the volume of theory involved in the course, candidates with poor literacy and/or innumeracy cannot be catered for and should not be put forward as trainees. There is a pre-requisite for candidates to have a Valid *Safepass* card before attending the course.
€650 per Candidate – including all course materials, registration and applications.
(FAS/FETAC Certificate and CSCS Card)
Payment in advance.
TMTS Ltd- Training Centre, Unit 9 Ballyconnell Business Park, Co. Cavan.
Training can also be delivered at an alternative venue, provided that a suitable practical site location, and training facility which meets FAS requirements, can be attained.
Please call (049)9527399 or Damien (087)7390082
Specifically, trainees will learn to:
- Prepare detailed plans for intended road-work sites, showing relevant distances, sizes and dimensions in accordance with the traffic layouts set out in “Chapter 8” and “Guidance for the control and management of traffic at Road-works” documents.
- Select correct signage requirements for intended road-works.
- Demonstrate setting out advance signing, safety zones and pedestrian walkways at sample road-works.
- Demonstrate the positioning, testing, adjusting, of temporary traffic signals at sample road-works.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the subject by practical and written examination.
- Demonstrate ability to safely conduct activities at sample road-works. Produce and implement plans of intended roadwork sites showing the position of signs, cones, barriers, safety zones
FÁS CSCS Registration Card (Construction Sector Certification Scheme)
FETAC Level 5 certification and identity card for successful applicants.